CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Day with Simple Stories

Birthdays...we all have them, we all celebrate them...but I very rarely do layouts of them. I usually don't like many of the birthday lines. They are either too theme orientated or they are too busy or most importantly in my case...to age restricting. My whole outlook on birthday pages changed when I was at CHA and I saw the Simple Stories "Happy Day" line. I don't have many birthday pictures but I did know that I HAD to have this line. This line was AMAZING! They were perfect in every way. Perfect colors, perfect designs and the perfect amount of "birthday" without going overboard. Everything in this line just flowed together so effortlessly making them ideal for any of those birthday photos...even those hard to use and not so great shots.

My first layout I had a couple of photos that were kinda dark and not that great. I cropped out all of the unwanted space on them and used several patterned papers from the Happy Day 6x6 pad. I inked the edges to help make them pop off the Celebrate background paper, matted a few things and added a few extra touches from the Happy Day Fundamental Cardstock Stickers and I had the perfect page!


For my second layout I didn't really do much different. The Happy Day line has so many fun elements that can be fussy cut or just used as is. I myself like to give my scissors a work out and do the fussy cutting!

My last layout I wanted to show versatile this line was. Not only can it be used for birthday layouts, it can also be used for those everyday photos. I use the back side of the Make a Wish paper, some more matting and fussy cutting using the Fundamental Cardstock Stickers and a 4x6 Jouranling Card Element. I stepped outside my comfort zone with this layout a little bit. I embellished the rest of this layout with some canvas, pleated ribbon and some wire mesh.

So for those of you who have those "hard" to scrap birthday photos or just those everyday ones...head on over to A Cherry on Top and pick up some Happy Day by Simple Stories.

2 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

great job carrie!

Information Kill said...

Nice blog thannks for posting